Constitutions and Constitutional Law in the World
|Органiзатор:||Громадянський центр правових ініціатив|
|Дата проведення:||13/08/2022 - 13/08/2022|
|Вартiсть:||25 EUR < грн|
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies and the Center For European Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are honored to invite you to take part in the International Conference titled „Constitutions and Constitutional Law in the World”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, August 13, 2022, from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, August 14, 2022).
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂E
The goal of the conference is to discuss various constitutions and constitutional law as it exists around the world. Presentations might touch upon constitutions and constitutional laws of particular nation-states (e.g., the constitutional law of Poland, Brazil, China, the United States), be of comparative nature (e.g. comparing the constitutions of Ukraine and Italy), or provide an interdisciplinary attempt to address constitutional problems and challenges (e.g. using the tools of economics, sociology or political science to address constitutional questions).
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Written and unwritten constitutions
• Human Rights and constitutional law
• Restrictions (and omissions) of Human Rights in various constitutions
• Provisions that should be/should not be included in constitutions
• Property rights in constitutions
• Presidential systems and parliamentary cabinet systems of power
• Tax regulation in constitutions
• States of emergency
• Constitutional courts and their role
• Comparison of constitutions
• Rule of law
• The principles of law
• Protection of constitutional values
• Supreme courts and constitutions
The above-mentioned areas may be treated as an example. Feel free to go well beyond this list. We value academic freedom and endorse non-standard presentations.
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 - 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://cutt.ly/0DV9rOH
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on August 4, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by August 8, 2022 at the latest.
Formal requirements for abstracts:
• Text length: 200-300 words;
• Font: Times New Roman 12;
• Line spacing: 1.5;
• Justified text;
• File format: PDF;
• File name: Last name + First name, e.g. Jones Susanna.pdf;
• Your first and last name and affiliation (university) of the author / co-authors should also be included in the abstract at the top of the page;
• The abstract should also be pasted as text into the Speaker Application Form.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements may be rejected in the initial formal selection process. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by August 5, 2022.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://cutt.ly/uDV8otf
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on August 10, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by August 11, 2022 at the latest.
• The audience will have a chance to see the final schedule of the conference on August 7. Please follow this Facebook event to see the schedule with a full list of speakers and titles of their presentations.
SPEAKERS (2 options):
Traditional certificate sent via post – 219 PLN / 49 EUR
–– OR ––
Digital certificate – 199 PLN / 45 EUR
AUDIENCE (2 options):
Traditional certificate sent via post – 129 PLN / 29 EUR
–– OR ––
Digital certificate – 109 PLN / 25 EUR
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: "<first name and last name> – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – <Constitutions and Constitutional Law in the World>"
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact a conference coordinator Liliya Kuriy firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the conference!
- Підготовка та подання конституційної скарги
- Пресконференція: «Чи можливо в Україні провести референдум і що з цим робити?»
- Європейський регіоналізм у контексті розбудови Європейського Союзу
- V всеукраїнський конкурс наукових робіт ім. М. П. Орзіха «Людський вимір права»
- Міжнародно-правовий брифінг Української асоціації міжнародного права «70- річчя підписання Європейської конвенції про захист прав людини та основоположних свобод»